Finding a Job Worth Having, Fourth Edition
Authors: Vicki Lind, M.S. and Cynthia Dettman, J.D., M.S.W.
This 185-page handbook provides step-by-step instructions to help you find and create careers in creativity, social justice, sustainability, fundraising, health care, and government. The authors guide you to:
- Assess your values, interests, and skills
- Generate job titles to match
- Network and research your top options
- Meet new contacts and build your network
- Locate job openings and craft winning resumes
- Interview to convey how you will make a difference
This fourth edition, published June 2012, includes sections on using LinkedIn and other social media to build your network and research top options, and offers expanded resources, including many sample resumes and cover letters that have led to desired interviews. The handbook concludes with tools to evaluate job offers and negotiate fair compensation.
Check out the Table of Contents to see how this handbook will help you find a job that matches your values.
Purchase the print version for $17.95 plus shipping and handling:
Or download the ebook for $10.00:
Or you may arrange to pick up a copy at Vicki Lind's office at 516 SE Morrison St. Suite 202.
- Resources for Creatives
- Resources for Therapists and Healers
- Portland Green Career Resources
- Resources for Nonprofit, Government, and Education Careers
Client Success Stories
- Creative: Bridget Benton's Success Story (video)
- Social Work: Jade Jensen's Success Story (video)
- Sustainability: Alex Reed's Success Story (video)
- Sustainability: Owen Wozniak's Success Story (video)
- Therapist: Nina Yates' Success Story (video)
- Web Developer: Sande Corbett's Success Story (video)
- Kirk and Flora's Story: How Support at Home Can Make a Difference (Mac's List)
- Marty's Story: How to Deal with a Bad Reference (Mac's List)